Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mushy post

I don't know why I'm feeling particularly mushy tonight, but I just wanted to post about how much I love my little boy...and he is truly a little boy in every sense of the word these days. His vocabulary has EXPLODED lately, ever since our trip to Florida. I just LOVE to hear his little voice form words and mini-sentences ("Here you go!" "There it is!" "Mommy too!") (as in, Mommy come too?)). It is so great to ask him what he wants and (a lot of times, not always) get a response, instead of just having to guess. He is so smart. He knows so many colors, shapes, animal sounds, letters, etc. He knows words in books we have read him over and over...if I read part of it, he can usually finish it with the missing word. He is SO polite--he says "mease" (please" and "thank you" all the time, many times unprompted.

He looooooves his little cars and trucks these days-he is just happy to push them around the house. He also loves going for rides in the "big car" and loves to see "neighs" (horses) and barns. He is NOT a fan of lawnmowers...and is very concerned with each "barn" (storage shed) he sees that there is a "lawnmower" in there. We found him a great playset for the backyard this week on Craigslist, as well as a kitchen/grill set for super prices, and it's been fun to watch him playing with these things. He loves to slide down the slide, and grill like Daddy on his play grill. He is also so very sweet when we sit down to dinner...he'll usually put out his hands for us to hold his hands to pray, or he'll fold them and squeeze his eyes shut tight...and he always ends each prayer with an emphatic "AMEN!"

He is always making me laugh out loud at something he says or does. The best part is when he gets giggling so hard he can't stop...nothing like that sound in the whole world. His giggle when he put his feet in the ocean for the first time is something I will NEVER, EVER forget--pure happiness.

I just love everything about him. Even those temper tantrums where he throws himself down on the ground out of pure frustration make me smile on the inside...his personality is coming out, he is learning independence...it makes my heart glad. Bryan and I are working hard at setting boundaries and being consistent, but even this new phase is fun in it's own way. (I know, I must be crazy, right?)

Speaking of setting boundaries, we just finished a wonderful parenting class at church where we learned soooo much about being Christian parents in a world where everything that will be thrown at our kids is going to go against the lifestyle we want to have. It is overwhelming to think about, but I LOVE that we get to raise him to know God and follow His ways. I love knowing his church is one full of people who "get it"...so he won't have to grow up dreading church.

He loves his mommy. I can't get enough of his sweet smile and proclamation of "Hiiiiii Mommy!!!" when I go in his room to get him in the morning. (Followed very closely with "Brefest?? (Breakfast)) I love when he runs across a room to hug my legs.

I could go on and on. I can't get enough of his sweet little boyness. I am so grateful, each day, that God gave this precious child to me. I can't believe he is going to be two in less than two months. I couldn't be happier. :)

2 comments:

Amber said...

It is so neat when they begin to converse with you. My nephew has really started carrying on conversations lately. It is great to see and hear his personality.

http://ambocullum.blogspot.com

Me said...

Awww...isn't it the best? So sweet! - Tkeys