So, that's the update...gotta get to the grocery to restock our fridge this weekend! If anyone has any great go-to healthy lunches or dinner recipes, PLEASE let me know...I hate feeling stuck in a rut and that is usually when I fail-when I get bored of the same few things. Also, if anyone has good snack ideas, let me know!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
So far, so good!
This week has been surprisingly easy as far as radically changing my diet, and getting back into the Shred. We've eaten a lot of grilled chicken/pork chops with veggies--we joined a CSA this year, so that's been awesome so far! I also got lots of healthy snacks for when I get the munchies...which is my biggest thing. I did 5 days of the 30 Day Shred, and bought The Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD as well. Going to bust that out next week, and hopefully alternate between that and the Shred...although the Cardio Max is 60 minutes long, and the only time I have 60 min that I actually feel like doing anything is during Caleb's nap. And he only sleeps for 2 hours, so I'd be giving up an hour of "Mommy time," but I know it is for the best. We went out on a date Friday night to Logan's, and I got a steak salad with low-fat (or fat-free, not sure) dressing and only ate 1 1/2 rolls. Today we went to Flag Fork Herb Farm for Bryan's free birthday meal and I got a BLT with turkey bacon, no mayo, a small portion of a linguine/shrimp pasta salad, and half a piece of Bryan's low-fat lime with raspberry cheesecake for dessert. I really haven't cheated at ALL, unless you consider getting vanilla in my diet coke at Sonic cheating. Also, we bought a scale...dum dum dum...GASP!!! I weighed myself and it was QUITE a scary, scary number...but I'm going to start on Monday as far as tracking it (on Sparkpeople, thanks Tricia!), as well as on here. (Not the actual number, mind you...just how much lost each week!) Wish I knew what I started out as this past Monday, but that's ok, we'll go from here. (Side note: Caleb weighs 34 lbs!) Let's just say, I would like to lose a LOT, and I don't see that happening if I get pregnant soon, obviously, but I'll do it until then anyway...and then continue to eat right and exercise. When I was preggers with Caleb all I craved was fresh fruit and milk anyway! (Lucky on that one!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you for getting started! That is the hardest step, and you are doing an amazing job so far. - Tkeys
I didn't care for my number either so I'll be right with you the whole time. We can cheer each other on!
Good job! It has helped me a lot to meal plan and luckily, I can find a lot of the recipes I use (or close enough) on allrecipes where they give nutritional information. I have some great yummy recipes that aren't too bad as far as calories and fat go, as long as you stick to the right portions (which is always my problem). Keep up the good work!!
P.S. You will become addicted to sparkpeople . . . and there is a sparkpeople app for your iphone, too.
Post a Comment