Monday, June 30, 2008

Ready to be done...

Ok, I am officially ready to be done being pregnant!! I have had a relatively easy pregnancy all the way through-no major complications/problems/false labor, etc., no morning sickness really (except for 2 times), no bed rest-but NOW I am ginormous, uncomfortable, swelling, can't sleep at night due to being in the bathroom every hour on the hour and then being unable to find a comfy position to sleep in, can't get off the couch, in/out of my car without wanting to cry, don't want Bryan to touch me, walking around the mall for an hour does me in, and even my biggest maternity clothes are no longer fitting (and I'm not buying any more at this point!!). I'm sorry to complain, but I have to let it out!! I know the end of pregnancy is near, and I WILL miss feeling Caleb kick me, having him literally as close to me as possible 24/7, getting asked "when are you due?" and being told nice things by strangers like "you look gorgeous! you've got that glow!" but I will not miss the rest of the things I mentioned. I am quite blessed to have the summer to just lay around the house, watch TV, waste time online, etc. and not have to get up and go to work-I don't know how women who work all the way until their due date do it!! Bryan was joking with me last night as I was in tears about being so uncomfortable and said, "Is Caleb going to be an only child?" and I'm sure once he gets here I'll forget all the not-so-good-things about pregnancy and the love I will have for my baby will overshadow all of that, but let's just say, it will be a WHILE. And I don't want to be 8-9 months prego in the summer ever again! ;) 18 days until my due date, but less days than that to go if I do the scheduled c-section or induction...we have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and will talk to her more about that then. I am excited about the next chapter in my life!! It's all going to change, but I can't wait. Bryan is going to be the best daddy in the world, I just know it. He is so selfless and already loves this little boy so incredib ly much. Plus he is so confident when it comes to changing diapers, swaddling, holding babies that I know if I need a break he will be there to swoop right in and take over. God knew just what I needed when he gave me such a wonderful man as Bryan to be my husband and my babies' daddy. I can't wait to see the two of them together...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It will all be over soon enough! I can't imagine how you feel and I am hoping that Curtis and I can plan it someday to where I won't have to be ginormous in the summer (I already sweat like a pig when it is hot!)! Now, about the Broadway shows, you would LOVE it! Wicked is coming to Louisville in January and you should definitely try to go. It is wonderful (we have seen it twice)! When the Disney ones come around here you will have to be sure to go to those too. I would be happy to babysit the little one!! Being around babies gets it a little out of my system so I don't want one so bad!! Oh, I want to come see you before you pop!! I'll email you later!

bryan said...

< blush >oh, the things you say!... :-)

jennsings said...

Keep me posted!!! I'm excited for you!!!

Krissy said...

Isn't the kicking the BEST feeling?? Like you said, I know it's going to be something I'll miss when our little boy is here, but getting to hold your guy is going to feel even more awesome than those wonderful kicks!