Monday, May 17, 2010

Biting the bullet

I am putting this down in my blog so you all can hold me accountable...I figured, the more people who knew, the more people to help me along! I have decided to really start eating right and getting back on the 30 Day Shred and/or walking routine. We ate whatever we wanted in Florida, and I am feeling it. My stepsister is getting married in about a month, and Caleb's 2nd birthday is the month after, so there are going to be lots of picture taking opportunities going on, and I HATE feeling like I have to run away every time I see a camera coming near me. Part of me really doesn't feel like starting this, only because we may or may not be trying for #2 (haha) and I think, what's the point? But I know that the point is to be as healthy as possible...because who knows how long it could continue to take....I don't want to just blow up like a balloon in the process. I am already wearing a size in pants that I haven't been in in a long time, and I don't like it one bit. My senior year in college I did Weight Watchers--sorta--we got the info and did it on our own in the sorority house...and had a LOT of success...got down to my smallest size ever (I had an awesome pair of jeans from Express in a 5/6 if that tells you anything), and felt very good about myself. I don't expect to get down to that maybe ever again ( I was 21 and it was a lot easier than after being pregnant with an almost 12 lb baby!), but I would like to be down a few pant sizes anyway...3 would make me very happy. Well, 1 size down is my goal before Kelsey's wedding in June, and then one more by Caleb's birthday in July. I have no idea if that is possible, but I am motivated to work as hard as I can to make it possible. If we do have success with #2 before then, I still want to eat very healthily and exercise...plus, I lost weight every week of my first trimester w/Caleb anyway.

So, my plan with doing this is to eat out as little as possible, for one thing. And when we DO go out, I need to make better choices. Also, I just spend a lot of money at the grocery buying healthy options for us (Bryan is doing this as well) so we're not tempted to eat badly at home or order pizza/takeout. I bought lowfat cottage cheese that I eat for a snack with tomatoes, whole grain bread, deli turkey and ham, veggies and fat free ranch dip, apples (to eat with peanut butter), yogurts, the liquid egg stuff and turkey bacon, peanuts, and some other things. Today I had 2 hardboiled eggs for breakfast, 2 fat free hot dogs for lunch, a pasta salad (Suddenly Salad) with grilled chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella for dinner, with a few snacks in between...some peanuts, snack-ums dill pickles, and a few green olives. I did Day 1 of the Shred this morning. I feel good about this, and hope to be able to tell a difference in how my clothes fit SOON. Wish me luck, and like I said, I am going to blog about it so that I feel like I am being held accountable, even if it's only 2 of you reading it. :)

4 comments:

bryan said...

Dinner tonight was really great! I'm so proud of you for this. I need to start riding my bike again. I also need to figure out some way to work all night without the constant craving to snack! We can do this, I love you!

Julie said...

Good luck Sarah! I am right there with you. I have started WW, and I'm trying to get rid of this weight from baby #2. I hate to think that my baby is 10 months old and I'm still working on this! It's so hard. But, I agree, my kids birthdays are in July/August, and our vacation is this July. I don't want to run from the camera either!

Me said...

I'm reading - and GOOD LUCK! It is so hard to commit to that first day or two, but you'll do a great job when you get going. I also understand the difficulty in committing when you are trying again - I never lost all the weight after Micah :(. Good luck! - Tkeys

Anonymous said...

Go to sparkpeople.com . . . great way to count calories you eat and ones you burn. It's free and definitely holds you accountable for what you are eating. It will also figure out for you a calorie/fat/protein/carb range that you can have daily to reach your goal. I lost 9 lbs the 1st week I used it b/c I found that I was eating almost double of what I should and once I cut down it happened pretty fast. Just try it . . .