In other news, the series finale of LOST was last night, as I'm sure you know! Bryan and I are HUGE "Losties" and have been eagerly anticipating/dreading the finale. I have been processing how I felt about the end all day today, and I have a few thoughts.
1. I love how they wrapped up the show as far as the characters were concerned. I cried like a baby when they were all hugging and happy together in the church, and cried some more when Vincent (whom I just love) laid down next to Jack as he died. The show was sooo character driven, so it felt like a good resolution, although very bittersweet (and at first extremely confusing!).
2. I DO wish that they had answered a few more of the BIG questions about the funky island stuff. Why Aaron was so important, why the numbers were on the hatch, what Dharma really had to do with everything (was it just filler??), how The Woman got there and why the island really needed protecting, what would really happen if the MIB got out into the world, why Faraday was crying when he watched the news about the plane, and I could go on and on! (Ok, maybe more than "a few"!) I realize that the writers could do whatever they wanted, and I know they wanted some things to remain a mystery, but I still wish some of the more important questions had been answered. Sometimes I reallllly wish they would make a movie...but it's not going to happen, sadly.
3. We're going to start over with Season 1 on DVD now. It might make me angry about the questions not being answered but I'll be happy to see the characters again, alive and kicking. :) (I am SUCH a dork, I KNOW!)
And lastly, just for fun, a few cute pics of my little boy out and about. Love him...he makes my heart overflow with happiness (well, except when he is laying on the floor screaming because he doesn't want to go wherever we're telling him we're going...did that happen today? Surely not...)
3 comments:
Could he be ANY cuter?!?! I think I pretty much agree 100% with you on the Lost finale. It was very emotional and overall I really liked it but I do wish the questions had been answered. I know it's not really the point but I'm a dork who likes all that stuff wrapped up. I like mystery but I like my mystery to have a reveal at the end. I can't wait to start it all over!! We definitely have the portion size thing screwed up here in America. I'm learning how conditioned I am to huge portions. I think this is good, we can teach Caleb right from the start so hopefully he won't have the same issues you and I face. Love you madly!
Crazy! That 3rd picture of him looks just like your brother! He's a cutie!!
1. The pics are sweet
2. Congrats on re committing to eating well and working out. I need to increase the consistency here.
3. Sam and I are on Season 5. We started at season 1 before Bennett was born, so it has been great not having to wait for weeks to get answers. However, I am ready to see the END!!
Post a Comment