Saturday, June 5, 2010

Headed to Haiti...

Big news!! Bryan is headed to Haiti at the end of the month. He will be working with Samaritan's Purse, which is the organization that does the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes...it's run by Franklin Graham (Billy Graham's son). He will get to put his nursing skills to good use, which he is very excited about, and will be doing it all in Jesus' name. It is extremely short notice, so we have no idea how we're going to come up with the $800 he needs for the plane ticket...but he is sending out a support letter hopefully tomorrow, and I KNOW God will provide...I'm actually pretty excited to see just how He does! I am sure this trip is going to change him...how could it not?! I can't even begin to imagine the kinds of things and people he will see while there. I'm kinda hoping he'll bring home a sweet orphaned baby or two in his suitcase (just kidding!). I'm sending my camera down with him and ordering him to take lots of pictures. :)

As for me, I am a little nervous about being home alone with Caleb for a week, but I know God will give me strength, and we're always busy during the day anyway...I'm just a little spoiled because Bryan is usually up in the afternoons to give me a break, let me work on dinner, etc. while he plays with Caleb. I'm sure I'll be tired, but I'll need to remember that I have NOTHING to complain about, really. And I am used to him being gone at night already.

If you could, please pray for Bryan, that he would raise the money quickly, that he would be safe both in the plane travel as well as when he's there working, and that God would really use him to be the hands and feet of Jesus in such a devastated part of the world. He is a wonderful nurse, and I know the people there will be blessed by him...and I know HE will be blessed by THEM! Also just pray that I would have peace of mind and heart when he's gone, that Caleb's not-wanting-to-sleep tantrums would not be a problem, and that we would stay busy enough that we won't miss him too terribly bad. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

bryan said...

Thanks honey! I'm excited to see what God does through this trip. I'm sure it will be big for me and for our family as well as for the people I meet in Haiti. I know that God will provide what we need, I just need to stop worrying, do what I can do and let God do what only He can do.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I've started a blog at http://headedforhaiti.wordpress.com where I'll be posting info about the trip, daily prayer requests and all about the trip and what God is doing in Haiti when I get back! I'd love to have a lot of people following this and praying daily!

Me said...

What an amazing opportunity. My husband went to the Gulf Coast immediately after Hurricane Katrina for a month, and it did change him. Good luck with the fundraising - I'm sure Bryan will be able to get that in no time! - Tkeys