Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolutions...

Ok, so, I figured that if I write out my resolutions, there will be more of a chance that I will stick to them than if I don't. So what better place than my blog? Here we go.

1. Take more risks-trust God more. This is what the message was all about this morning at church. The safest thing we can do in our relationship with God is to take a risk...so I am praying, Lord, what risky thing do you want me to do this year? I know part of it has to do with trusting Him with our finances and not being afraid to give big. I know another part of it has to do with the new downtown campus of Southland that will be hopefully starting this year and being a part of that. I also need to be praying about who I can love radically this year. Risks are definitely scary, but I know the benefits will outweigh the fear. Can't wait!

2. Establish and keep a regular time with God. I want to journal more. I want to read my Bible more. I NEED to, to be the best mom and wife I can be. Trying to do it without these things is just pointless, and this one area affects every other area of my life...how I love others, how I respond to Bryan or Caleb in stressful situations, my mindset about a million things, etc.

3. Eat healthier, exercise more. I have a seriously hard time with the exercising thing when the weather is so cold out, and we can't afford a gym membership right now, so I'm not quite sure how to go about that. Maybe doing the 30 day shred again. Also, we've been soooo bad with the holiday cooking and baking here lately-need to get back on track with that one. I am hoping to grow our family this year (TEE HEE!!!!) and I know that the healthier I am, the better for everyone involved.

Those are the 3 biggies I am praying about at the moment...


1 comment:

bryan said...

Posting your resolutions on your blog was a great idea! I think we fail with things like this often because they're hastily made and we have no accountability. Thanks for holding me to commitments I make, I promise to help you keep to yours as well!

I will echo your three resolutions as well. I try to have that time alone with God everyday and to journal and when I do, it's great. It's hard sometimes with my schedule, but I really miss it when I don't get to do it.

Thanks for being a great partner in this life!! I'm looking forward to all that God is going to do this year and this decade!!!