Friday, January 1, 2010

The past 10 years

Another blogger friend of mine, Alyssa, did this kind of post, and I am going to do it too!! A lot has happened in the past decade, and I thought I'd list them in order!!

1. Graduated from college (May 2001)
2. Got my first teaching job and somehow survived that terrible year (Sept. 2001)
3. Got my WONDERFUL teaching job at LCA (June 2002)
4. Got married (Dec 2002)
5. Bought a house (Jan. 2004)
6. Got divorced (Fall 2005)
7. Got baptized at Southland (Sept 11, 2005)
8. Started dating Bryan (Dec. 23, 2005)
9. Got engaged (June 2006)
10. Got married (Oct 2, 2006)
11. Rescued our dog Bentley (Nov 2006)
12. Rescued our dog Cooper (Summer 2007)
13. Saw my brother get married (May 2008)
14. Gave birth to Caleb (July 8, 2008)
15. Turned 30 (Sept 2009)
16. Bought our first home (Oct 2009)

Whew, what a decade. There are definitely things about the first half of the past decade that I sometimes wish I had never done or experienced...but I am so, so thankful that God saw me through all the hardships and pain, and has MORE than blessed me in the second half of the decade...much like Job! I think that if I hadn't experienced the bad, I wouldn't appreciate the good. I can't wait to see where this next decade will take us!!! I am hoping to grow our family more, see Bryan get his Bachelor's in Nursing and then become a Nurse Practitioner, see my children enter elementary school, teach again, see Southland expand their campuses to downtown Lex and be a part of that, and buy our "forever" home. I am sure there will be painful experiences in this next decade, but I know that God will hold me when those times come, and celebrate during the wonderful times. Here's to the next decade!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Love it! I'm glad you are so happy!

bryan said...

OK, so here's my list:

1) Sept 11...sorry to start with a downer, but this was huge, like everyone else, I can still remember every detail of that day.
2) Worked in the Emergency Department at UK. Crazy job, but I learned more there than in 2 years of nursing school!
3) Started going to Southland. I never knew church could really be like this! And it gets better every week. I'm so excited to be a part of a body who is really committed to living the Gospel.
4) Dec 2005 - Met Sarah, life changed forever!
5) June 2006 - Proposed to Sarah at Clary's Seafood Restaurant in Galveston, TX. I'll never forget that night.
5) Oct 2006 - Stood on a beautiful beach in Jamaica and pledged to love Sarah for the rest of my life, put a ring on her finger and made her my wife. (I really didn't intend for that to rhyme... :-)
6) Started nursing school. The beginning of a long journey that hopefully will end up in a dream career.
7) Oct 2007 - Sarah showed me 2 pink lines...working in the ER at UK, I ran probably hundreds of pregnancy tests but never did one mean so much.
8) July 8, 2008 - a nurse handed me a little baby boy fresh from his mommy. Externing in the NICU, I had done this dozens of times too. But this time, he had my eyes. :-)
9) May 2009 - Graduated from nursing school and started working in the ICU. Still can't believe some nights that I actually do what I do. So many years of "helping" and "watching."
10) Sept 2009 - Became a homeowner!

Looking forward to lots of great things to come!!!