Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti on my heart

I'm sorry I haven't blogged lately (all my hundreds of readers, haha), but I just can't think of anything to write besides my heart breaking for the people, especially the precious orphans, of Haiti. Everything else seems selfish and self-centered. My little problems are nothing compared to the kinds of situations these people are in...and it is such a reminder of how RICH we ALL are in the U.S. God is really speaking to my heart about what I'm going to do about this...and sometimes I really wish He still spoke in burning bushes rather than in a still, small voice. Right now I'm just trying to take things slow and step by step, waiting on His leading and timing, but I know He is calling me to step out in faith and be obedient...which is scary stuff! Pray for me, and for us as a family as we try to follow His lead. And continue to pray for the people of Haiti, that they would run to God and let Him comfort them in this time of such great sorrow. I just want to be down there, rocking the babies and telling them it's all going to be okay...

2 comments:

bryan said...

I understand. I want to be there helping too. I am praying everyday about what He would have us do. You said not long ago that with all the messages about risky faith lately that you thought this year God was going to call us to do something radical and I think you're right. Let's have a time soon where we get together and pray about all of this. I just feel like this can't all be for nothing, God is moving!

Mandy @ The Lucky 7 said...

The images on the news are beyond heartbreaking. I never knew how deeply I could feel emotions (good and bad) until I became a parent, oddly. Just seeing those babies, wishing they could feel the same comfort, safety, and security that my little one is blessed with. Knowing that they are scared and alone. It's devastating.