Friday, January 23, 2009

South Beach update, etc.

Just wanted to update that the South Beach diet seems to be working very well for Bryan and I! I haven't gotten on a scale, but I've been trying on a pair of jeans once a week to notice the difference. These jeans certainly are not my "goal" size, but they are what I wore pre-pregnancy. Before I started, there was no way they were even close to being buttoned. Now I can get them buttoned but it's not a pretty sight to behold (or comfortable for that matter!). So, I'm getting there!! I can tell a difference in my current jeans (a terribly scary size!) though...they're getting looser and looser. It has been remarkably easy for the most part, as long as we don't try to eat out! I just don't trust restaurants-I like to be able to know what is going in my food right now. We have gone out and gotten some yummy grilled chicken salads, but I'm even wary of those. For me, it's a matter of retraining my tastebuds to like whole grain pasta/bread/etc. because I DON'T like them. I grew up on all white breads, so I guess it makes sense. I was reading in a magazine that if you start your child out on whole wheat/whole grain, that's what they'll be used to and like. So that's the goal with Caleb. :)
Speaking of Caleb, we got him this awesome rainforest jumperoo last weekend with some Christmas money. He loves it! He could jump in it all day I think. (Well, maybe not THAT long, but still!) It is SO funny to watch him in it. Bryan has some priceless video footage. I took him over to school today to see some of my teacher friends and they couldn't believe how big he had gotten! I had him crawl around for them. His 9 month clothes are getting too short for him...arg!! I REALLY am not ready to venture into the 12 month clothing!

1 comment:

Jo Anna said...

I'm glad the diet is going so well for you!
I know what you mean about clothes. Alyssa seems to be right on "schedule" with the sizes and her age. The only problem is she is also too long for some things! It's frustrating. They grow up too fast!