Sunday, January 4, 2009

South Beach Diet-one week down!

Well, Bryan and I decided to try the South Beach diet out starting last Monday. We had both done it before, with success, so we figured we'd give it another shot. I have to be honest when I say it is mostly ME who needs this diet! This baby weight (plus more) has GOT TO GO. Seriously...Caleb will be 6 months old this Thurs. I know they say 9 months to put it on, 9 months to take it off, so...it's time! Anyway, it's going pretty good so far. We have been on it for a week, only cheating a teeny tiny bit at Regatta this weekend when we had ONE delicious biscuit. It.was.heavenly. :) I am a little tired of salads all the time, but soon the initial 2 weeks of NO SUGAR will be up and we can eat fruit, whole grains, etc. again. I really want to be able to swim at the Y this summer with Caleb and there is no way I would do that right now in my current condition. I have a feeling I need to be in good shape once he starts running around, period, because he is going to be a little boy on the move, I can tell already!! Bryan is such an encouragement to me, and I love that he's doing it with me, even though he really doesn't need to. What a good hubby! :) I already feel better all around, and I like myself a whole lot better when I feel better about myself. So wish me luck and diligence in this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! I am right there with ya, although you are being better than me so far!!

Krissy said...

Ugh, I feel ya on the baby weight! I lost all the "weight" from Andrew, but now I need to tone it all back in shape. Not fun!!!

Good luck with your South Beach regimen!