Friday, September 4, 2009

The Big 3-0!



Well, I turned 30 this week! The pictures above are from right before dinner...Caleb looked so cute I had to snap a few. :) The day actually started out pretty badly--woke up around 1 am SICK as sick can be, and Bryan was working, so that made it even more miserable! I really thought I might never get off the bathroom floor again, haha. But I eventually got back to sleep and woke up feeling pretty normal...I think it was food poisoning, brought on by eating raw cookie dough and brownie batter the night before (I know, I know, NOT SMART SARAH!). I was mostly bummed because I was hoping to walk with 3 of my favorite people that morning, but obviously didn't so I could rest up and feel better. Bryan came home from work, helped me with Caleb some, and slept till about 3. When he got up, the three of us went out to eat. It was a very yummy meal (and free for me, yippee!!). I randomly saw my old youth minister and his family there, which was awesome, since I've been keeping up with them on Facebook...fun to see them in person! We then went to Culver's for dessert and I got a pumpkin shake-YUM. I LOVE fall, and a huge reason for this is everything pumpkin flavored! ;) We came home, put Caleb to bed, I opened some presents, and just relaxed. Bryan says more birthday fun is happening this weekend, but I'm not quite sure what that entails, so I'll keep you updated! All in all, it was a nice, low-key day. I joke about dreading this birthday, but really, I am exactly where I hoped I'd be at 30...married to the love of my life, mother to a precious son, buying our first home, and letting God lead my life in more ways than ever before. I have been blessed in my life, that is for certain. I'm really pretty glad to put my 20s behind me...because, while fun (and at times crazy!), I am ready for the stability of the 30s. I can't wait to see what God has in store for the next 30 years! (cue Tim McGraw...lol) Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! :) :) :)

2 comments:

Me said...

Happy 30th! The best years are still ahead, I promise! - Tkeys

bryan said...

Just think, you're much better off at 30 than I was! I'm glad that your life has turned out so well, you certainly deserve it. You've gone through a lot of bad times, but God has seen you through and blessed you for your perseverance. I hope you like your big surprise this weekend! I love you!!!