Monday, November 17, 2008

This weekend





This weekend the weather was GROSS!! But we managed to have a pretty good one regardless. On Friday night, I had a Thirty-One party, and it was really fun to hang out with the girls from life group until late that night (even though I missed my family!). Then on Saturday I had another party that unfortunately was a waste of time, but it was still good to get out there and get exposure. I really regretted being away from Bryan and Caleb that day. Once I got home from the party, I hung out with my "boys" then that night Bryan and I went to dinner and a movie-we went to Corky's for dinner (I had to have SERIOUS self control to not order the fried pickles!!) and saw "Fireproof"...it was SO good. First of all, Kirk Cameron? That was such a blast from the past! The message of the movie was so great--about keeping your marriage strong by basing it on Christ...showing love and respect for your mate on a daily basis, dying to self, and never leaving your partner behind. I came away from the movie overwhelmed at how BLESSED I am...it's almost unreal. I prayed for a good Christian man who would love me like Christ loves the church, and boy did God answer my prayers. Is Bryan perfect? No, of course not...but he is perfect for me, and he is more than I ever imagined I'd have in a husband. He makes me want to be a better woman/wife too. There is a companion book to the movie called "The Love Dare" that I want to get-a friend of mine's Sunday School class is doing it all together, and I think that would be so fun. I highly recommend this movie!
Anyway, on Sunday we woke up to SNOW and really didn't want to take Caleb out in it since he's been kinda sniffly, so we stayed in, ate breakfast, cleaned, Bryan ran errands, etc. My good friend Laura and her hubby Tim came over briefly (they live in Nashville) to see us and Caleb and then we headed out to life group. We ate yummy homemade lettuce wraps and just hung out and had a great time. So, overall it was a good weekend! Next weekend my grandma and aunt are coming down from Northern Ky--they haven't seen Caleb since he was about a month old, so I'm excited for that!

2 comments:

bryan said...

It was a good weekend! I'm proud of you for your work with 31. It would be very easy to get discouraged after this weekend, but you're hanging in there! It'll turn around, you'll see. Every new business has some slumps.

Thanks for all the kind words about me. [blush] You are perfect for me too. I realize it more and more every day. God knew exactly what he was doing when he brought us together!

Jenny said...

Sorry about the party being a waste of time. I truly didn't intend for it to be! I was really hoping it would have been good for you! I hope you weren't too upset. I knew you weren't happy when you left. Hopefully you will have some great ones in the near future to make up for it! Good luck!