Friday, November 14, 2008

Feeling better today

Ok, I think I was having a weird, PMS-y moment last night when I was all discontented and such...I'm feeling much better today. I've just always struggled with wanting the next big thing...marriage, a baby, a house...instead of living in the moment like I should. Plus, I've just been plain envious of what some of our friends have, which is just plain wrong. Bryan and I talked, and we KNOW God is going to give us the desires of our hearts...a nice (nothing fancy!) home for our children to be raised in, a Christian education, fun family (and just us!)vacations...we just need to be patient, so we don't get stuck with something we can't afford and can't get out of. It might be a couple more years, but I know it will be worth it. :)
And we really do have so many blessings...I don't know many people who have BOTH grandmothers in the same town-we are so blessed with that! Plus, I really truly have the best husband there is, I'm sure of it. Noone else could be so patient with me, so hands-on with our son, so giving, loving, romantic, unselfish, and such a man of God. Who am I to complain, seriously?? Like Bryan says, we'll get there. We're being smart, paying off debt, not using credit cards, no car payments, etc...doing the Dave Ramsey thing...I can't wait to be able to use our finances to BLESS other people and give, give, give it away. Maybe even adopt a little one someday? Only God knows the plans He has for us, and it's so exciting!!!
Sorry to ramble on and on. Just wanted to clarify my feeling much better today after gaining some much needed perspective. God is good. We are blessed.

2 comments:

Julie said...

We all have days like you had. Believe me, I have them more often than I wish! I feel like you, I'm always looking to what is next, instead of living for today! You seem to have it all together. Your family is beautiful! Many blessings to you.

bryan said...

We will get there. That is for sure. "'I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord." :-) So, next week when I'M all discontented about school and career, remind me of that, k? ;-)