I was SO Betty Crocker today! I was making homemade chicken noodle soup when I remembered I had zuchinni in the fridge that we hadn't used. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I googled what I could do with it, and decided to make bread! I had never heard of grating zuchinni before, so I had to learn how to do that first! Anyway, it was pretty easy and it is SO yummy! I found the recipe on www.allrecipes.com. Next time I would use some applesauce to cut down on the oil, and I added some nutmeg, but overall, delicious! Warning-this might be my Christmas gift this year to you! :)
INGREDIENTS
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups white sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8x4 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and frothy. Mix in oil and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into prepared pans.
Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until done.
2 comments:
Yummy! I want some! I learned to make Sweet Potato muffins recently!! Things are AWESOME!! We need to trade food sometime.
Mmmm, I absolutely LOVE zuchinni bread! I am no cook though. LOL
Post a Comment