Fun times with the stuff in the box that held Caleb's present. :)
My grandma's house
Sideways paci. It's how I roll.
Stockings!
What Santa left for Caleb
We had a wonderful Christmas this year! We baked lots of goodies, with Caleb "helping" (aka eating the decorations), we enjoyed Christmas Eve at my mom's house with my brother and his wife, and had a great Christmas Day at my grandmother's house (for the last time). This year was definitely more fun for Caleb than last year...by the end of the day on Christmas Day he had gotten the opening presents thing down!! Santa brought Caleb a ride-in fire truck that shoots real water, a kitty cat that meows (he LOVES cats), a CD player, and a nice kickball that the dogs hopefully can't destroy. He also received many other nice presents from everyone...he is one blessed little boy! I have been MOST excited about all his new books...we were growing weary of reading the same books over and over and over...Anyway, we started Christmas morning by reading the Christmas story from his little book, and singing happy birthday to Jesus. I hope to make that a family tradition, complete with birthday cake!
Having Christmas at my grandma's house was bittersweet. It was decorated like it always was, the food was delicious, it was wonderful to see so many family members there...the only thing missing was HER. I know she was there in spirit, but it was a little sad. Especially since this will be the last year it will be at her house. My dad was saying he had spent every Christmas there for the past 58 years...every year of his life...wow! And I realized the same has been true for me--pretty much every year for the past 30 years I've been there for Christmas Day. It was truly a wonderful day and we all left with great memories made.
No comments:
Post a Comment