I guess I'm feeling the same way in my spiritual life as well. For a little while now I have felt as though I've been "going through the motions"instead of having that dynamic faith that I encountered when I first became a Christian, and then when I went through the divorce a few years ago. I've gotten comfortable on my "couch." But with everything surrounding IT, I have been awakened. I have seen that the abundant life Christ talked about is possible. I have seen God showing up in people's lives who've never thought about Him before. I have been humbled. Am I perfect?? Certainly, certainly not. No where close. There are areas of my life I haven't completely given over to him, mostly out of pride. I hope to grow and ask God to change me to be more like Him in all aspects of my life. My prayer is to be the "aroma of Christ" to everyone I encounter. I know that there are times when I am FAR from that...in fact, I am downright stinky! I am well aware of my own tendencies toward sin, hypocriticalness (is that a word?), and selfishness. But I AM a work in progress...and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am a new creation in Christ--the old has gone, the new has come.
As I was getting ready to turn in tonight, I saw that a fellow blogger had posted this: http://tarynhopes4.blogspot.com/2009/08/more-than-conquerors.html?showComment=1250649607714#c551825287552508927 and it couldn't be more right on. Thanks, Taryn.
1 comment:
I'm so blessed to be married to you! I love that you are so in love with God that I am #2. I love the fire that you've had the past few weeks. I'm so proud of you and excited at what is doing through us!!
Post a Comment