Friday, August 14, 2009

Marriage recommitment service

This Monday night, Jon did a massive marriage recommitment service for anyone in the church who wanted to come. It was so, so neat. We went and sat with Christina and Mason, Tiffany and Ben, and Becky and Tyson. Becky made veils for us! It was so, so meaningful...the vows were amazing, and we got a copy of them sent to us and Bryan retyped them and put them into frames for us...how sweet is that?!?! The service last weekend was all about love, and how we need to get our relationships with our spouses right before we try to love on the city (big part of IT!). It really meant a lot to us to see so many couples there, making this decision to honor their spouses over themselves, remove the word "divorce" from their vocabulary, treat each other the way Christ would, respect, serve, and love each other in a God-honoring way, and ask for forgiveness for anything that we had done to hurt the other person up to that point. Jon also talked about raising our children to love and follow Christ, and the huge importance of that. All in all, wonderful service that made my heart glad. :)









2 comments:

Amber said...

I enjoy following your blog as it keeps me connected to Southland and the continued passion to serve Jesus. We will be in Lexington in late October and I can't wait to go to church!!!

bryan said...

I loved remarrying you!! I definitely think God is growing us as a couple like never before. He's going to be doing some big things and using us. Know what that means...? Someone's going to get angry and start swinging. I'm glad we did this first so we can stand firm together!