In other news, IT is awesome. The message series began last weekend and I can't even put IT into words! It is a new church that seeks out people who have been hurt and wounded by the church, "Christians," etc. due to hypocricy, judgmentalism, etc. A church that is seeking to "make Jesus famous" by getting out of the pews and into the world. Jon literally said that he was "resigning" to start a "new church" on Sept. 6. Go to www.itlexington.com to watch the message and learn more. I am so excited because a friend of mine from playgroup got intrigued by the whole thing and came to 608 with me on Sunday, and she is coming again this weekend...she is now reading The Case for Christ, because another friend of mine who goes to Southland told her that Lee Strobel (the author) is coming at the end of the month to speak. Very cool. If you don't know, the author was a reporter for the Chicago Tribune (I think!) and he was an atheist. He began investigating the claims of Christ, and well...you'd have to read the book. Anyway, she said she didn't know a church like this could even exist. God is doing big, big things...I can hardly wait to find out more about IT in the upcoming weeks!!! :)
I am also just LOVING the playgroup I've joined. I've made some great friends and we really do a lot together during the week--going walking, to storytimes, the park, etc. Tomorrow we are painting with pudding which should be a mess but fun!! I know God has put me in this group "for such a time as this"...and my heart is so full and happy to be in a place where I can (hopefully) show these moms God's love. I feel as though I have purpose again, and that does wonders for my emotional/spiritual/physical well-being.
Bryan is doing well, too. He's enjoying his job at the hospital, and even has taken on a web-design project with his old design studio for some extra money. They are very grateful to have him helping out!!
Well, that's it for now!!
Well, that's it for now!!
2 comments:
Sounds like you have some exciting things going on Sarah! That's awesome! Well, I've been thinking about it for weeks, and after reading your last post, I just went to Walmart.com and ordered 30 Day Shred!! It's on sale for $6 and some change! Woo-hoo!
I feel like I can see your job bursting off of the page. It is great to hear everything is going so well.
I look forward to hearing about changed lives that I know will happen through the people of Southland. Oh how I miss that place!!!! Continue to treasure the community, as God has truly blessed that place.
Post a Comment