Friday, June 27, 2008

Update

Well, it's been a while since I blogged so I thought I'd update!! I am officially FULL TERM today!!!! Hooray! On Tues. I had my dr. appt/ultrasound and BOY did we get a shock. The u/s tech said that he weighs 9lbs 5oz as of that day!! Then the doc said she estimates that he'll weigh 10lbs at birth...WHAT?!?!?! So we are seriously looking into the scheduled c-section option, because:
1. That simply sounds painful. Period. I was preparing myself for a normal sized baby coming out the normal way, but 10lbs?? Ouch.
2. The doc is worried about his shoulders getting stuck in my pelvic region. Ouch, again.
3. The doc said there is a 50% chance we'll end up with a c-section anyway.
4. If it was scheduled, I wouldn't have to wait till my due date (July 18). Sounds like we could do it anytime after my next ultrasound, which is not this Tues but next.
So, we're praying and talking about it. The main thing to me is that Caleb gets here SAFELY. I have heard that u/s measurements can be off up to a pound or so, so there is a possibility he's not that big, but we need to prepare ourselves for it being the case.
In other news, Bryan got the ceiling fan up in the nursery last night!! Woo hoo!! I will take pics later but I must say I was VERY impressed...it was quite the project. Also, I got to go swimming at a teacher friend's house yesterday and it was heavenly....it's the only time I've felt light in 9 months! Aaahh....I could get used to that!

2 comments:

jennsings said...

Neleh was a 10 pounder. :-)
No C-section. I did have to be induced though. Neleh was actually an easier birth than my 8 pounder, Rebekah. Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Hope he's not quite that big, but nowadays US's can be pretty close. You really should think about scheduling a c-section if he is going to be that big. One of my cousin's was 11 lbs and he did get stuck on my aunt's pelvic bone and it was extremely painful for her afterwards (I won't go into details on the blog b/c it is pretty yucky!). Good luck!!