Monday, June 23, 2008
A great afternoon!!
Today I got a great surprise because Bryan ended up coming home at around 2:00 from his class over at the hospital! We went and got his car washed (inside AND out), got sweet teas from Chick-fil-a, ice cream from Baskin Robbins, and went out to Jacobson Park (without the dogs). We just laid on a blanket by the water and watched the ducks and relaxed...it was heavenly! I figure this might one of the last days we can just go and do something like that, just the 2 of us. Then we came home and grilled out (I LOVE summer!!!), I made these amazing chocolate chip cookies...seriously, they were AWESOME, Bryan took the dogs for a walk and is now assembling the ceiling fan. It felt like a very productive but relaxing afternoon. Over the weekend we steam cleaned the carpets in the whole house...we rented a steam cleaner from Kroger. It did a really great job, our carpets were GROSS mostly because of the dog hair/dirt. Now they look brand new! The nursery is looking more and more done, and I need to pack my hospital bag! Tomorrow I go for another ultrasound because apparently Caleb was measuring big at my last appointment. I don't know what it will mean if he is still "big" but I know I'm ready for him to get here. The getting up every 1/2 hour to pee at night thing is REALLY old. Plus it seems to take me an hour to roll out of bed...I feel like a whale! I also have been having nightmares about the birth/right after the birth that I don't care for. I will be 37 weeks (full term) this Thurs. or Fri. (depending on the ticker)...so anytime after that, Baby, you can make your appearance, really!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I had so much fun with you this afternoon! We need to try to make time like that for each other more often, even after Caleb gets here. I know it'll be hard,but it'll also be so worth it!
Sounds like a nice day. Take the time now its so important to stay connected as someone other than Calebs parents and those first few months its harder than you think to do.
Post a Comment