
This past Monday night, I got to attend a Hillsong Live "concert"...but it was actually a worship experience, not so much a concert. It was held at our church, and it was packed to the brim. And all I can say is...it.was.awesome. To be in a room with thousands of other people whose one and only intent that evening was to worship God...well, it was indescribable. I love the weekend services and all, but this just blew it out of the water....probably because everyone there came EXPECTING to be in the presence of God and EXPECTING to spend 2+ hours in worship. And no one was worried about appearances or putting on a "Sunday morning" mask. I've never seen so many hands raised, so many people breaking a sweat praising Jesus. At one point I literally thought the ceiling could open up and Jesus would take us all up to heaven...it was THAT powerful...such a small glimpse into what heaven will be like. I didn't know all the songs, but I've since downloaded most of them on iTunes, and am loving reliving the experience. It was so good for me to refocus on what is important, and be reminded of WHY we desire to spend time praising Him...He is worthy! He took my place on the cross! He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords! At one point, too, I thought to myself: I will feel like I did my job right if when Caleb is in high school/college/etc he is someone who wants to come to things like this...because he is completely aware of how much God loves him and is worthy of our praise...and wants to give his praise to Him.
Here are some lyrics to one of my new favorite songs, "Stronger":
No comments:
Post a Comment