Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weigh in time and Caleb updates

I was down .4 this week...bringing the grand total to 17.4 pounds! I wasn't too thrilled with such a small loss, but it is better than staying the same or gaining, so I'll take it. :) I know the reason it was not much is because I didn't exercise ONCE last week. I felt pooey (is that a word??) most of the week, it is SOO hot and humid outside...I just couldn't do it. So yesterday morning I got out my CardioMax DVD and did it (my Shred DVD is all scratched up and won't work now!!). I am sore today, so it must have done something! Ha! I REALLY want to be at the 20 lbs mark...and it's within reach-amazing!

That's all the weigh-in news! Other than that, life is good...Bryan is good-working days right now at his "new" job for the next week or so until he switches back to nights, Caleb is great, talking up a STORM these days. His favorite sentence right now is "I wanna hode (hold) it!" and he wants to "HEP! (help)" with EVERYTHING...from the seatbelt buckles to feeding the dogs to whatever...he wants to help. He also likes to run and while running yell, "I'm RUNNING!" Too funny. We're working on potty training and he's doing pretty well. He'll sit on the potty and pee...he gets an M and M for doing it. I bought him some training underwear and some big boy undies, and only put the training ones on him once so far. We're ALWAYS out and about, and I really need to just stay home for a few days to work on this training thing, since we obviously aren't ready to do it in public yet.

Also, the other big news is that my dad and his wife moved back to Ky this week!! They bought a house in Boone's Trace, which is in Richmond...pretty much a nice subdivision in the forest! LOL! His backyard is really cool...there's a creek running through it, it's in the woods, they have a fire pit, etc. Caleb will LOVE it as he gets older, I have a feeling! He was pretty happy just throwing rocks and sticks in the creek the other night! The house is great, and we're just so happy to have them closer. They're a little worried about how they're going to handle the winter (after being in Houston for the past 6 or so years), but I'm sure they'll be fine. My dad has a twin bed he's going to give us to make Caleb's bed when we're ready. Caleb still doesn't try to climb out of his crib, so I'm okay with waiting a little bit longer. I have found some bedding I am in love with from Pottery Barn Kids, and my mom is going to go in half with me for my upcoming birthday. I remember when I wanted things for ME for my birthday, haha! Ahhh, the life of a mommy. I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

No comments: