Caleb is growing and changing every day, and I keep forgetting to blog about the cute new things he is saying and doing!
He will now say "buh-byyyyyye"...sooo cute I can't hardly stand it!
He also says "uh-oh!"
He has learned to walk backwards, crawl backwards (hilarious), spin around in circles, and "dance". He does this super funny thing where he looks like an Irish step dancer...we call it his "happy feet".
He recognizes mama and dada in pictures and will point us out and kiss the pictures.
Melts my heart every time.
He helps clean up when we're picking up his room or playroom.
He likes to "help" me sweep the kitchen.
He has certain books that he wants read to him over and over and over. Right now it is "Mary Had a Little Lamb", "Arthur Goes to School" (a lift the flap book--his FAVORITE kinds of books), "Fuzzy Yellow Ducklings", "Playful Pets" and others I can't remember at the moment! If it has flaps or different textures, he loves it.
He can follow along when someone is leading hand motions during a song (like at storytime). If I sing it at home, he can do the motions along with me. Our current fav is "1-2-3-4-5 fingertips".
He knows most of his body parts...when asked, he can point to whatever you ask him to point to. The cutest is when you ask him where his tongue is...he sticks it out, but it's to the side and twisted.
He actually is enjoying the church nursery now...this is HUGE, because he used to have gigantic fits every single weekend. It makes it much easier for me to enjoy the service when I know he isn't hysterical upstairs!
This is SO bad, but when you tell him "no", he wags his finger at you and says "ba-ba-ba" (as in, bad bad bad). He totally got this from us getting on the dogs...and it's so cute, but sooooo frustrating, because he doesn't "get" that we're not happy with HIM. Lord help us when it comes to this whole discipline thing!!
We took him to see Santa today at Lexington Green--it was such a great experience. This Santa was so great, laid back, noone was there except us, and we got a great pic. They let Caleb "get used" to the environment, Santa, etc. before they plopped him on his lap, and I think that was HUGE. I was looking at the difference between last years and this years pictures and WOW. He is sooo big. Where did my little baby go?? He was only 5 months old last year...now he's a full fledged toddler. Sigh.
That's all for now...he's growing like a weed and I just loooooove seeing the little boy he is becoming. What a blessing!!!
2 comments:
Amazing - and so exciting!! - Tkeys
It is so amazing to look back on how he has grown since this time last year! Just comparing this year's Santa photo to last...!
Post a Comment