Saturday, July 18, 2009
On becoming a "shredhead"...
So, early this week I was reading some friend's Facebook status' and many of them were talking about Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout video---she's the chick from The Biggest Loser---and someone had mentioned that it is on YouTube, so I decided to check it out! On Tuesday I decided it was high time I do something and STICK TO IT, and I did Workout 1. I about died. The next day I was so sore I could barely move, but you're supposed to do it for 30 consecutive days, so I did it again (this time with Bryan). We both about died. ;) Bryan decided he'd stick to it with me, which is awesome. Day 3's workout felt a little easier, and yesterday was Day 4 and I wasn't NEARLY as sore as I'd been...it's still kick-butt, but I can already feel my muscles starting to change, which is a great feeling. I've been looking online at people's before and after pictures, which are pretty amazing. I WON'T be posting such pictures, sorry, but I enjoy being inspired by others more brave than I! :) I turn 30 in a little over a month, so my goal is to look and feel a lot better about myself by that date. I have a serious problem with sticking with a program once I've started, so I'm hoping that by having Bryan do it with me, I won't be ABLE to quit, even when it's hard. The way the video works is there are 3 levels, and you do each level for 10 days. Level 1 is kicking my butt so much I'm quite scared of anything above it!! But hopefully in 5 more days I'll feel stronger and ready. Wish me luck!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you honey!! You started this on your own and even though you think I'm keeping you with it, YOU'RE really keeping ME with it. Keep it up!!! I'm so proud!!!
Post a Comment