At church this weekend, we were challenged to write a "Jonah song"...taken from Jonah 2 where he writes about calling out to the Lord while in the belly of the big fish, and how God rescued him. We were supposed to write about what the Lord has rescued US from. Here is mine.
From inside a sad and empty house,
I prayed feverishly to the Lord my God
and He answered me.
From the depths of the loneliness of a marriage, broken and torn
with no hope of mending,
I called for help
and You listened to my cry.
You put me in a place having only You to rely on,
only You to turn to,
only You to hold me when I cried.
There were times I felt as though I was sinking into a dark pit,
suffocating from the heartbreak,
the unfulfilled dreams,
the fear of the unknown future.
But You, my KNOWN God, brought my life up from the pit
When I felt as though my life was slipping away,
I reached out to You Lord
and held on as tightly as I could.
And You held on even tighter.
I will give my life back to You, Lord,
for You are all I need,
my Sustainer,
my Husband,
my Friend.
2 comments:
So beautiful!! What a great song of praise to keep with you all of the days of your life.
Plus, Jon coming up with another great idea
Great song!! You are such a talented writer and I love that you turn that talent around to praise God. Your story still amazes and inspries me. I think often of the special relationship you have with God and strive to have the same thing myself. Thank you for being my wife and soulmate and for constantly inspiring me to be better! I love you!!!
Post a Comment