Monday, July 13, 2009
First birthday party!!!
What a fun birthday party we had this weekend!! The weather was perfect--a little windy which made many of the balloons fly away--but other than that, perfect!! :) Lots of friends and family came by to wish our little boy (not a baby anymore!) a happy birthday. A special prayer for Caleb was said right before we sang him happy birthday, and then Caleb dug in to that cupcake!! Icing first, then the cake. The "grown up cake" was unbelievable. This lady-Pam Birt, makes them--she goes by "The Twisted Sifter"--and it.was.delicious...white cake with lemon filling, and homemade marshmallow fondant icing. YUM! Caleb received lots of great presents, but we appreciated everyone's PRESENCE there even more than the presents. :) Everyone ate food, cake and ice cream, and played until it was time to go home. We opened his presents here at home, Daddy put everything together that needed to be assembled, and we ate some yummy roast Grandma had made. All three of us were exhausted by the time bedtime rolled around! I'll say it again-I can't believe a year has passed. But I am truly excited to see what this next year will hold...









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
precious.. love the shirt and love the cake. who did it???
Kendra,
A lady named Pam Birt who has a cake business called The Twisted Sifter. It was delicious and looked awesome!!
The party was awesome, honey, you should be proud of the work you did! I can't believe it has been a year either! I'm excited to see what the future holds and I'm glad to see all the people who love Caleb come out to celebrate his life!! Oh, and that cake...yumm.... :-)
Post a Comment