Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Caleb's dedication

On Sunday afternoon we had Caleb's baby dedication at church. It was SO packed, and it was only one of two services!! My aunt and uncle from Northern Ky came down, and my mom came as well. Also our life group families (including the new parents!!!) came to support us and our friends who dedicated their little Hope. :) It was short and sweet-the children's minister spoke, and we got to go up front and recite a little thing saying we promised to raise our child God's way. He got his very own baby Bible, a certificate, some money from relatives, and I got a very beautiful rose! It was very significant for me...I really want to raise Caleb in a home where he will learn about God in a loving way. I love that we go to a church where I think he'll LOVE going...Caleb truly IS God's first, ours second...God chose us to be his parents, and I want to do a great job...it's such a huge responsibility to make sure you raise your child to know God in a personal way. It's also very very EXCITING to me!! I can't wait for the days he'll sing Bible songs to me, learn Bible verses, pray, etc. Here are some pics of the day.



4 comments:

Me said...

Congratulations - it looks like it was a wonderful ceremony. - Tess

Mandy @ The Lucky 7 said...

Congratulations! We have missed church the last few weeks, it's so hard for me to get out and do anything. I'm looking forward to going again after the baby is born. How old was Caleb when you guys started going back? Did you do anything special b/c of the music, do you think it's too loud fo a newborn or am I nuts? :) hehe

bryan said...

I love that you are so concerned about Caleb loving church and loving God. I'm glad that we pray for him and I honestly can't think of anyone I'd rather have as my partner as we raise him! I love you!!!

Amber said...

What a blessing!! God will bless your obedience.