Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 months old!

Well, I can't believe my baby boy is 2 months old already. He got his 2 month shots today and I think it was more traumatic for me than him. He cried initally but got over it pretty quickly. Bryan stood between me and the nurse/Caleb so I didn't have to watch. I teared up and couldn't wait to hold him again. The doctor gave us some tylenol for him and we left. Well, I just had to treat myself for enduring that, so I got a yummy sweet tea from Chick-fil-a....sweet tea makes everything better!! :) Then I drove over to Shapes fitness center to ask about membership-I really want to join a gym somewhere but I want to get a good deal and good quality for what I pay for. Everyone there was SUPER nice and friendly, and Caleb made about 10 new girlfriends, but I just don't know. I'm thinking about checking out the YMCA too...I know it's more expensive but they have a pool! We'll see...Anyway, we got home from our morning out and Caleb had had enough, and let me know by WAILING....poor thing...he was so tired. Eventually he fell asleep for 3 hours, on me...I didn't dare move him. While he was sleeping I started a great book I randomly found at the library this weekend. It's called Let the Baby Drive and it's all about new motherhood...the lady who wrote it is really funny and it's a quick read. It makes me feel like all I'm going through is normal...it's good to know there are other women out there who have gone before me and lived to tell about it!!! Speaking of women who've gone before me, this Thursday I am going to a cookout to meet my MUMS (moms understanding moms) group from church! I can't wait! And then Friday I am going to MOPS (moms of preschoolers) for the first time. I can't wait to meet other moms and for Caleb to meet other babies!

1 comment:

jennsings said...

The YMCA is having a "pay by the day" (or something like that)incentive for membership fees. Example, if you joined the YMCA today, your joining fee would be $10. If you join tomorrow, $11. Neleh is a member of the Y. Just more economical for her to be a member since she will be in swimming lessons all the time. We go to Beaumont Y and are happy there.