So, I am officially down 12 pounds!!!! I lost about 3 this week, which is shocking to me because I only did the Shred (level 3!!) twice, since we were so busy with getting Bryan ready for Haiti and plus I was so tired this week! I am really starting to be able to tell a difference, and my day was made one day last week when a friend told me she could tell and that I was looking good! (Bryan tells me all the time, but he's my husband! He's supposed to say those things, right?) The frustrating thing is my clothes right now...all my jeans are the bigger size, which are starting to look really baggy...but I don't want to buy new jeans until fall. Shorts are ok with a belt. But most of the shirts I bought at the beginning of summer (May) are an XL (I know, yikes, right?) and they look super baggy and not very good right now. Oh well. I'm not going to go spend money when it is pointless to do so. I'll wait till fall and maybe a little shopping trip can be my reward! :)
In other news, Bryan headed off to Haiti on Saturday, bright and early. We Skyped on Sat. night (modern technology is so awesome!) and he told me about the trip down. He got bumped to first class from Ft. Lauderdale to Haiti!! His first time ever, and on a mission trip--I thought that was so funny. He is saving the blanket they gave him to give to Caleb as a "souvenir". He stayed at the Samaritan's Purse compound the first night, but then got moved to a tent camp in downtown Port-au-Prince the next night. He got to experience worship at a Haitian church yesterday morning (in 3 languages!), went kayaking with one of the workers, and checked out the place where they were setting up the mobile clinics. Today the real work begins! I sent him with my camera so I'm hoping he's taking lots of pictures! He ended up taking an entire suitcase down of medical supplies, and they were so happy to get them! They were in desperate need for thermometer covers, and he just happened to have a whole bunch of them--someone asked him if someone asked him to bring those and he said "no"...but I guess God did! Pretty cool stuff. It has also been so amazing and humbling to see how God had all the money come together for the trip. It really did ALL come together, and it was just amazing to see. Please keep him in your prayers this week...I'm sure he'll need them! And I'm already missing him...I'm used to him being gone at night, but not EVERY night...and he usually helps me once he gets up in the afternoons...so I could use some prayers as well. :)
In MORE news, my dad and Christy bought a house here in Kentucky this past weekend! It's in Boone's Trace, between Lexington and Richmond. It is a SUPER nice house with a full finished basement, a wraparound front porch, a great backyard, etc. I can't wait for Caleb to get to play over there! It will be so nice for Caleb to have his "Pop-Pop" closer than Texas (where he only saw him a couple times a year)!
Well that's it for now! I have pictures I need to upload when I get a chance!
1 comment:
I'm so impressed with your weight loss - keep up the good work! It sounds like Bryan's trip is an amazing experience - how lucky to have such an opportunity to help! - Tkeys
Post a Comment