Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Welcome to motherhood...
YUCK. That has been the word to describe our household since Saturday! At 4:30 a.m. Caleb woke up hungry, and I went to get him, only to discover that he had vomited in his crib-most likely hours earlier based on what it looked like-and it was ALL OVER HIM, the sheet, etc. He was such a good sport, though, just took his bottle and went right back to sleep. On Sat. it started coming out the other end (SORRY, GROSS I KNOW!!!) and WOW, it was bad. The thing was, he acted totally fine-happy as could be! We bought some Pedialyte and I thought it was on it's way out on Sat. night, and we decided to go to church on Sunday, just not put him in the nursery so he wouldn't expose other babies to it. We get to church in the pouring rain, I go to get him out of his car seat and he had vomited all over himself on the drive there (we had to move his carseat so we couldn't see him the little mirror anymore). Needless to say, we turned around and went straight home. Poor thing! He had the "big D" Sun. too, but acted totally happy and fine still. We had life group at Saul Good on Sun. night so my mom watched Caleb and said he was fine. But Monday morning, it had hit both Bryan and I BAD. And I found out later, my mom too--who told me she hasn't been pukey sick for 9 years, when she ate some food she was allergic to in Thailand. Sorry mom!! Bryan had to go to work since he has no sick days left, and so I stayed home and took care of Caleb the best I could. Luckily, he was SOO good about napping. Bryan did come home a little early when he just couldn't take it any more and boy were we a sight to see I'm sure!! It was not fun, esp. when Caleb threw up again after he had some formula before bed. PHEW! But this morning we ALL woke up feeling a lot better, thank goodness! My mom told me, "Welcome to motherhood!" because apparently when the kids get sick, you're pretty likely to get sick as well. Fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It was certainly an experience, although, I'm sure it could have been much worse. I was afraid last night that Caleb wouldn't sleep and we'd all be up all night long! I'm glad it's behind us now!
ugh . . . I'm sorry you were all so sick, but glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm NOT looking forward to that. DH & I got the stomach bug (and my parents, too) right before Micah was born - it sent me into labor at 35 weeks (but they managed to stop it)! - Tkeys
Post a Comment