This week I have started babysitting (nannying, whatever) for a friend of mine's 2 kids-Braeden who is one month older than Caleb and Aubrey who is 3. Plus Caleb of course!! Her babysitter had to quit on them and she was in a bind...she didn't want to stick her kids in daycare...we need more money coming in as we're saving for a down payment on a house...I don't want to work full time and pay someone else to watch Caleb...so win/win! Now, watching 3 kids is a CHALLENGE. Wow. It's like having twins and a 3 year old really...so far this week I've been trying to figure out how to do nap times, feeding times, etc. while making sure I give her 3 year old plenty of attention as well. The first day was pretty good, the 2nd day was HARD, and today was a million percent better. I am definitely dog tired at the end of the day, but am so happy to be helping her out and making some money in the process. They have a great playset with baby swings in the backyard which has been fun, and lots of toys to play with. At first I was feeling guilty about dividing my time between all 3 of them, since Caleb has had my undivided attention since day 1. But I realize that he will be fine and it will help him for in the future when our family grows. I hope that things continue to go smoothly the rest of this week...I will be ready for the weekend, that's for sure!! :)
And speaking of change, Bryan graduates nursing school in about a week!! Sometimes it seems like these 2 years have flown by, other times it's felt like it's gone so slowly. He has a job lined up, yay! The nurses there already think he is wonderful and can do things better than some nurses who've been there for 10 years. All the compliments/praise embarass him, but I know he's secretly proud of himself, and I am, too! (Not so secretly!) I will be happy for him to have this stable job so we can buy a house and get settled...until he's ready to get his master's, of course! ;) Yay Bryan!!! I love you!!
2 comments:
I'm impressed! I can imagine it is tough. Caleb will do great - he has you there, and he will also have friends to help him socialize and he'll learn many new things from them, too. Sounds more good than bad to me, and congrats to Bryan! - Tkeys
I'm super-proud of you in case I haven't said it enough! You definitely have reason to be tired at the end of the day. Thanks for always being so supportive and encouraging, you're the best!
Post a Comment