Wednesday, July 23, 2008
How it's going
Things are going well here. Caleb sleeps for long stretches of time during the day-3 hours at a time-which is nice. He's still figuring out the nighttime thing, which is exhausting, but he seems to be an overall very content and easy-to-please baby. Fill his tummy, swaddle him, and he's happy. Yesterday we had to drive to Owensboro for Bryan's grandfather's funeral...3 hours each way...which really intimidated me, but he slept the WHOLE time there, during the funeral, and back. While we were visiting relatives he was content to let them hold him and fuss over him until he was ready to eat. I was SOO grateful because I envisioned 6 hours of screaming in the car...phew!! What a relief. Tomorrow Bryan is going to be gone to work at the hospital from 7-7...this may be his last time doing it, but I am a little worried about being home all day with Caleb alone. I know I probably shouldn't be, esp. after yesterday going so well, but I am. Bryan has SUCH a great touch with Caleb and sometimes I get intimidated by that. Tell me I can handle it on my own! Because I'm gonna have to here pretty soon! Anyway, just wanted to put in a little update. Can't believe he's already 2 weeks old. We go on Friday for a weight check and his 2 week appt. I'm praying his weight is up so the doc won't tell me we need to supplement with formula. Which reminds me, someone needs to be woken up to eat!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You can do it!! You are a great mom. There is no reason for you to be intimidated at all. :-)
Good Luck on your own! You'll do great!!!!!! ((((HUGS)))))
Chin up! You can handle it!! Remember who carried him around for 9 months!!
You can always call me if you need help. I think you did great but next time keep in mind I am right up the road and I keep babies for a living so I am more than willing to help out even if you just need a break. I remember those first few weeks very well.
Post a Comment