Saturday, April 19, 2008

Movement and A Fun Day

Wow, I feel Caleb kicking/moving ALL the time lately!! It's so awesome! Just had to share...I can actually SEE my belly moving, it's incredible.
Today we went to the Central Baptist Maternity Day/Baby Shower...it was CRAZY--so many pregnant women in one place!-- but we got a lot of free stuff. We registered to win prizes but, of course, won nothing! :( Some lucky girl won a $2700 nursery set (crib, changing table, glider, dresser, etc.) !! WOW! What I really hoped we'd win was the Graco Sweetpeace Glider/Swing...it's so neat, but kinda expensive...we didn't win it, although for a split second I thought we did because the girl who DID win it's first name was Sarah. Bummer!
We also took a tour of the maternity floor at CB...we haven't decided yet where I'm going to deliver-at CB or St. Joe East, but I really liked the look of CB today. Plus, they come around and do free manicures/pedicures for you! How cool is that?
I'm also stressing a little about pediatricians. Everyone keeps asking us if we've chosen one yet, and we haven't. I'm trying to gather recommendations from people I know and trust and then go from there. So many important decisions!!
Then, tonight Bryan stenciled Caleb's verse on the nursery wall. It is Numbers 14:24, condensed and in the Message version. I'll post pics once it's painted, but so far it looks AWESOME. I'm going to cry when we have to paint over it when we move!
Then tonight, I've been grading papers in preparation for entering grades for mideterm. Hard to believe we're halfway through the last quarter of school!! WOW!!!

2 comments:

bryan said...

Thanks for staying up late with me while I finsihed painting he verse! The company was really nice. I had a great time at the Maternity Day with you! I can't wait until he's here!

Anonymous said...

Well, all my nieces and nephews go to PAA. I think as far as patient/parent stuff goes, they are really good. But as a nurse here at UK, I don't have as good an opinion about them. But like I said, they are great with patients and parents so you may want to try there. We also know one of the MDs at Commonwealth Peds -- Megan Poole. SHe was a few years ahead of Curtis in the residency program and she is really good and very nice. The only thing I would recommend is that you go to an actual pediatrician and not a family practice doctor -- they don't get much peds experience while in residency. Hope this helps!