This Thanksgiving, here are the things I am thankful for:
-Christ's sacrifice on the cross for me (well, for everyone!) and His undeniable and unexplainable love and forgiveness. "He tore the veil, He made a way, when He said that "it is done"..."
-Bryan...can I say it enough? He is hands down the most loving, supportive, gracious, unselfish man I know, and just an absolutely amazing husband and daddy. I hit the jackpot when God brought him into my life...and since helping my friend through her divorce, I realize more and more how blessed I truly am. Thank goodness that, like Job, the 2nd part of my life has been immensely more blessed than the first. I am also very grateful that in this economy, and since I'm staying home (another huge blessing!), he has a good job.
-Caleb...my precious little boy...I can't get enough of his sloppy kisses and sweet hugs, "mama's", giggles, "dancing" in place, clapping anytime I finish a book, song, etc. (God has DEFINITELY made him an encourager), even in his disobedience I have to look away and smile because he's just so daggone cute and sweet. I love seeing his personality blossom every day!
-Friends and family that love us and that we have a blast hanging out with
-Our amazing church and a pastor who "gets it"..."Nothing else matters except faith expressing itself in love..." Galatians 5:6
-The fact that I live in the USA, which means I can have a good education, a roof over my head, food on my table, clothes on my back, medicine when I'm sick, and can freely worship and be a Christian without fear of imprisonment or death.
-Books...right now I just finished two amazing books..."God is Closer Than You Think" by John Ortberg and "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. "Crazy Love" is THE most challenging-to-my-faith book I may have ever read. Extremely convicting and I am praying that God works on my heart-then my actions-BIG TIME since finishing it. I didn't realize I was becoming a lukewarm Christian until I read it, and God clearly states that He will "spit (the lukewarm) out of His mouth..." I certainly don't want that! So...a lot on my mind when it comes to that!
-Chocolate-in all forms. Yum.
-Music
-Flowers
-Chick-fil-a :)
and so much more. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
1 comment:
I'm so thankful for you, love! You are constantly encouraging me, challenging me, and helping me grow. I can't possibly ever thank you enough!!!
Post a Comment