Friday, December 19, 2008

Update

Tonight was so fun! My mom watched Caleb while Bryan and I met my brother and sister-in-law for dinner at Logan's--I got the yummy steak salad--and then we went over to their new house and played games. Their house is really cute and I loved seeing their dogs Lucious (sp?) and Sophie. We found out Lucious got into one of their Christmas bags for Caleb, got out the toy they'd gotten him, and destroyed it! We played Simpsons Clue (fun!) and Scene It on XBox. I lost TERRIBLY at Scene-it and Bryan won Clue! I would have liked to have played Scene-It again but we had to hurry back to relieve my mom of her babysitting duties!

I finished up all my Christmas shopping this week, PHEW! We bought Caleb a toy box that matches his room decor-it's so cute! We also got him a plastic bib, a Christmas outfit, some little teethers, and a wonderful book called "God Gave Us You." Oh, and this awesome wooden block from Craft-E-Family that has his first initial engraved, along with his date of birth, time of birth, length, weight, our names, etc. It was very inexpensive and had free shipping! I was so impressed with it-I will be buying one of these for anyone I know that has a baby in the future, and I highly recommend them!

On Thursday night I went to a Christmas dessert party with some girl friends from church. It was a lot of fun and we had two little boys (aged 2 and 3) who decided to streak!! It was so, so funny. Boys!! (What am I in for??) I made a chocolate chip pie from my friend Liz's blog (see sidebar under Liz's recipes). I think she calls it a Tollhouse Pie. It was so so good!!

Looking forward to the Christmas program at church this weekend and hopefully taking Bryan and Caleb to see Stephanie's amazing Christmas trees!! Oh, and good news-my friend Suzanne from college just found out she is having a BOY in May!! Woo hoo!

No comments: