Thursday, December 4, 2008

Good words for today!

Here's what I'm reading today: "Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life...you'll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious-the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not to curse." Philippians 4, The Message
What great words...it makes me think about that old hymn that says "Oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer". This goes right along with the sermon from this past weekend. I am really working on filling my mind with those GOOD things...right now those things are: my precious baby boy, the real meaning of Christmas, the unconditional love I have for Caleb, my incredible husband, my great friends and family, yummy food, how blessed we truly are, God's love for me, His searching my heart and teaching me new things, even when they hurt (that's called growth!), His forgiveness, His Word, uplifting music, books, etc. I am determined to rid my heart and mind of JUNK and fill it with these good things, so that out of my mouth and heart will flow GOODNESS, kindness, sweetness, and love, not bitterness, anger, jealousy, lies, etc. God is really working on this heart of mine right now, pruning it and reshaping it to (hopefully) look more like His. It's not always pleasant, but it will be worth it, because more than anything I want to look like HIM in all I say and do. Especially now that I have little eyes that are watching me. :)

1 comment:

bryan said...

I'm really glad to see what God is doing in you lately. It's awesome! It reminds me of the stuff you've written during hard times in the past, when God was so real. I feel like He is shaping me too (or re-shaping more acurately). Why is it that we often wait until some hard times come before we allow God to work on us? I'm glad that He is working on us and in us!