Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas fun!

We sure had a fun first Christmas with Caleb this year! On Christmas Eve, we went over to my mom's house and ate dinner and opened presents with Uncle Matt and Aunt Ashley. Caleb got REALLY sleepy though, so we left earlier than I would have liked. He got some fun presents, though, including this really cute bear and a stuffed octopus. He also got money to get a new carseat, because it won't be long until he's outgrown his current one (CRAZINESS!!!). My mom totally spoiled us by getting a poster we picked out at the Art Institute of Chicago framed. We put it over our couch and it looks so great. I'll post a picture of it later. Our church had a Christmas service the previous Sunday, so they did not have a Christmas Eve service. We went home and Caleb CRASHED!!
Here are some pics from Christmas Eve:





Then, on Christmas Day we got up early to open gifts! Santa brought Caleb a toybox that matches his nursery!! He also filled his stocking with goodies like teethers, small stuffed animals, etc. He "opened" his other little gifts from us as well. I was SOO excited because Bryan got us tickets to go see "Wicked" in January in Louisville!! He also lined up a babysitter and everything. I totally didn't expect it, so I was very surprised. We opened all our other gifts, hung out, and then left for Northern Ky to see my dad's side of the family. We had a good day--Caleb was the center of attention, for sure! We kept trying to get him down for a nap, but then someone new would want to see him, so he was pretty sleep deprived! :) It was good to see everyone. We ate yummy food, opened presents, and hung out together. We left around 7 due to Caleb's sleepiness/fussiness...he slept the whole way home! All in all, it was a great holiday that was especially meaningful to me this year with having Caleb. I felt more like I know how Mary must have felt toward Jesus...that pure, unconditional love that is unlike any other.
Here are some pictures from Christmas Day.




1 comment:

bryan said...

What a great Christmas! I had such a good time with you. I can't wait to go see Wicked! I know what you mean about unconditional love. I love you and Caleb both that way. I never knew I could love someone like that before I met you!