Friday, September 7, 2012

Soccer!!

We decided to put Caleb in soccer this fall, since he was finally old enough to do it. He is playing through a local church league that focuses on putting Christ first, then others, then yourself. Really cool concept! Anyway, his first game is tomorrow, so I wanted to get some pics up tonight. He had a rough first couple of practices, mostly due to another player on his team who was really struggling to have a good attitude, and took it out on Caleb. It was heartbreaking to see the excitement leave Caleb's eyes when he got pushed down by this kid, not once, but twice. But last night he had a really good practice, the other boy was in a good mood, and he had fun. There are a couple of boys on the team who are REALLY good...the coach's son, in particular, is a superstar! So, I don't know if Caleb will ever get near the ball, but I honestly don't care...as long as he is kind, helpful, has a good attitude, and has fun. The moment that has made me the proudest thus far is during one of the practices, when the kids were on a water break, the coach was picking up some cones by himself. Caleb saw him doing this, and ran over to help him pick up the rest of the cones, completely on his own (no prompting by me!). That is a true testament to his sweet heart that is always looking to help, and it made me so proud of him I could burst. I love that little boy.









No comments: