Well, I am so happy to say that I have already made some progress in some of those resolutions! Bryan and I had a "deep clean the whole house day" last weekend and WOW, that was an undertaking!! We literally worked non-stop from 9-dinner, not even stopping for lunch...and get this...Bryan was in the kitchen the WHOLE ENTIRE TIME!!!! We managed to get every room good and clean except for our bedroom, Caleb's bedroom and the office (which I later cleaned for Bryan as a surprise!). The thing is...not only were we cleaning, we were organizing...so that took a LONG time. But WOW, the difference it makes!! And this week I have been using my "chore chart" each day to clean a room a day, and I have honestly really enjoyed it. I love knowing I won't have to devote an entire Saturday to cleaning the house, since I'll be cleaning a little each day.
The BIG thing that I'm excited about is the new shelves in Caleb's playroom and his bedroom. Bryan and Caleb worked very hard putting them together and they look awesome and hold so much! I LOVE organization so my heart is happy just walking in those rooms. (I'm a dork, I know it!) His playroom is actually a functional playroom now. I bought him a play tent for his playroom and he loves it. We're ready for some playdates now! I love that everything has a place...when things are just thrown places it stresses me out to the point that I just avoid it...so I feel like a million pounds have been lifted off my shoulders.
Next in resolution land, Bryan and I have been following the 4 day anti-bloat plan from "The Flat Belly Diet" this week and it's gone pretty well. The first few days I was SUPER hungry and cranky, but it's gotten better as the week went on. Starting next week, we'll just be eating sensibly and choosing to not eat out nearly as much...that is so key I think. I have been feeling yucky with a cold or something all week, so I've slacked on working out, but my plan is to get back on that next week when I'm feeling better.
Here are some pics of the boys putting together the shelves for the playroom. Caleb got to use his new tools from Santa, which he loved. Daddy also let him help hold the "big" drill, which he got a huge kick out of.

1 comment:
Sarah, I, too, am working on finding organization in the chaos! I've made some progress, but we have SO far to go. At least I've got a clear visual of just how much stuff has taken over our lives everytime I walk down to the basement. I took pictures, so that I have that reminder to hold on to after I get done digging us out of the chaos. Looking forward to the day that I can announce I'm ready for playdates! Thanks for inspiring me to keep going!
Post a Comment