Friday was our 3 year anniversary...we didn't really get to celebrate since we were packing like crazy people, but we plan on celebrating possibly this weekend with a nice dinner and movie. Can't wait! It's so hard to believe it has been 3 years. It seems like yesterday sometimes, other times it seems like a lifetime (in a good way of course!!). I can't hardly remember my life before Bryan. It made us very nostalgic as we were moving, to remember life 3 years ago. That little duplex held so many wonderful memories for us...I lived there before we got married, so Bryan would tuck me in each night and then leave to go back to his apartment--so sad at the time!!...then coming home from the honeymoon to "our" place...romantic dinners and evenings together...just vegging on the couch (usually watching hours of "Lost" on DVD)...me running into the guest bathroom one November morning with a positive pregnancy test to show Bryan ("Do you see what I see???" "Is that from this morning??" "It's a dollar store test, do you think we should trust it???")...Christmases...silly arguments...making up...painting Caleb's nursery...bringing him home from the hospital...first holidays for Caleb, etc. etc. etc. Yes, we are happy to be moving on with our lives--becoming "grown ups" with a mortgage and everything--but there is a part of us that will hold our first place in our hearts forever. We hope another young couple will live there and make the kind of memories we made there.
Pictures will be coming soon of the new house. I just don't have a clue where the camera or cord thingie is at the moment--in some box we have yet to unpack I'm sure! :)
1 comment:
It certainly has been crazy! I feel like there are still a million things to do, but I know we can't eat the whole elephant at once! I can't believe it's been 3 years. I literally can't remember my life before you. I have memories of things that happened then, but somehow, you're in them! It's like my mind has inserted you!! I love you more than I could ever say and I'm so happy about our lives together!
Post a Comment