Saturday, October 17, 2009

Household duties...I need help with a plan!!

Ok...so now that we have our new house, I am really motivated to keep it running smoothly, and keep it looking good. I was really unmotivated towards the end of our time at the old place, because it wasn't truly "ours." When Bryan and I redid our vows, I promised to take good care of our home, and I've felt convicted lately, because I know I haven't done as good of a job as I could. I was wondering if anybody out there has a certain schedule they follow when it comes to cleaning...like, Monday: laundry, Tuesday: bathrooms etc. When I was in elementary school, I begged my mom for chores and even made my own "chore charts"...I was a super dork! ;) But I like having something to check off once I've done it, and thought, if someone out there already has a plan that works, that would help me get started!! I also need to get better about meal planning...I usually can come up with something if I look at the ingredients we have and go through my cookbooks or whatever, but I think I'd feel more organized (and I know we'd most likely save money!) if I had a set meal plan.
So, any help--even if it's just to point me in the direction of a good blog or whatever--would be appreciated!!! :)

3 comments:

bryan said...

Thanks for all your hard work! You do a great job. It really makes me feel loved that you want to do such a good job with things! I hope that I make you feel the same way! I love you!!!

Laura said...

Probably not what you're looking for, but I let everything go to pieces during the week and then get caught up on the weekend. And I don't even have the excuse of having a toddler - just me, a dog and two cats.

Jaymi said...

Sarah - I do menu plan with my personal cookbook (made with binder and page protectors) and a blank calendar once a month. It makes grocery shopping simple and I go once for the big trip to get everything for the month - then just once a week to fill in milk, bread, and things I have forgotten. Just a thought. We could always try to do a meal planning time together during the week and have Kyle and Caleb play if you would be interested. :)