Bryan has to work at the hospital today, so we are celebrating Father's Day tomorrow, but I just had to take the time to write a little post about how incredible he is. I'm sure you are all tired of hearing about how great he is, but it's true!! From about middle school on, I've always wondered who would be the daddy to the babies I was sure to have. I had a vague idea in my head of what I hoped he'd be like--patient, understanding, calm, godly, hard worker, loving, fun, funny, etc. (Ok, well, maybe not so vague) Well, Bryan met and exceeded any expectations I ever had. I know Caleb is not even 1 yet, but if this first year is any indication of what the rest of his fathering is going to look like, I know I am a blessed woman. He has never complained about any of the "fun" of this year--changing MANY yucky diapers, getting up in the middle of the night for months on end, cleaning up vomit, going to doctor's appointments, calming him when he cried (and cried and cried)...the list could go on and on. He has let me sleep in on many occasions, given me a break when I've needed it, helped clean the house, do the laundry, take care of the yard and the dogs, read a million stories, sang a million songs, prayed many prayers, put many many miles on the rocker, etc etc etc. All while working a full time job and going to school part-time. And he has seriously done this all without a complaint or any bitterness whatsoever. I have loved watching him with Caleb from the very beginning...especially when he would fall asleep on Bryan's chest when he was a newborn. And it's been so fun and amazing to watch them together ever since. He picks him up and swings him upside down (causing a minor heart attack in Mommy!), sending Caleb into giggle overload. When Bryan comes home, Caleb gets so excited he can't stop smiling and waving. Bryan lets Caleb climb all over him like a jungle gym. He is never too busy to spend time with us, never makes excuses for other things he "needs" to do (yet not neglecting his school work and work-work), and is unbelievably excited about the future of our family with a son...vacations, Cub Scouts, t-ball, legos (he cannot wait for this day), Star Wars, etc...This whole fatherhood thing has made me fall more in love with Bryan than I thought imaginable. How on earth am I worthy to be blessed with such a man?? I'm totally not. But I accept it as a gift from MY Heavenly Father, who is gracious enough to answer the cry of my heart for a godly husband and daddy to my children. I couldn't ask for anything more. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Caleb will come to know God as a loving, patient Father because he has seen that in his own daddy. And that makes my heart abundantly glad. :)


4 comments:
Thanks for the AWESOME words, honey!!! You're the best wife I could ever want. You and Caleb are everything to me! If I'm the best dad in the world, it's all because of you guys!!
What a wonderful post! Happy Father's Day, Bryan. - Tess
I didn't comment on this, and I should've. I loved your most recent post. It was beautiful. And all of the things you feel about Bryan are exactly the things I feel about Casey, and I am so glad you took the words out of my mouth, because I had no idea how to express it. I'm so glad you met someone who is so lovely.
Aw, thanks you guys. And I'm glad you feel that way about Casey, Alyssa...that's awesome!! :)
Post a Comment