Saturday, July 21, 2012
8 months old!!
I can't believe Molly Kate is already 8 months old! Where does time go?! She is getting so big, although, she's really small. A woman at the car wash this week asked me if she was 4 months old..what?! So not used to that, since Caleb was so big. :) We actually still carry her around in the Baby Bjorn at times...this is crazy to me, since I stopped doing that at 2-3 months with Caleb!!
At 8 months old, MK is not crawling, although she can get places by rolling. She will pull herself to standing if you give her your fingers while sitting on the floor. She is a master at sitting up now. :) She can take a bath without support. She is recently kinda done with baby food, and loves feeding herself. But I bought baby food the other day, so we're going to finish it, gosh darnit! ;-) She LOVES her jumperoo and exersaucer, although she tries to make the exersaucer jump and gets frustrated when it doesn't. :)
She is STILL not sleeping through the night. Sigh. She wants "mommy milk" every 3 hours. I've tried letting her cry it out some in the middle of the night, but it never goes well, I certainly don't sleep, and I'm afraid she's going to wake up Caleb. Plus, it breaks my heart. So, it's probably my own fault that she's in this habit, but she eats and goes right back to sleep, so it could be worse. I'm hoping she'll eventually sleep all night without my having to make her cry. I will sleep all night again SOMEDAY...right?! Truth be told, though, I am so happy and blessed to have made it this long with breastfeeding. It is a true miracle and I love it. And I LOVE not having to spend money on formula!!
She is such a HAPPY, go with the flow baby. I could not be more blessed. She is perfectly fine being toted around all over the place while I take Caleb here and there for different things. She always has a smile for everybody at Target, the grocery, wherever. I am ALWAYS getting stopped by people who just want to look at her and tell her how beautiful/cute/darling/etc she is. I think she will have a healthy self-esteem. ;-) She cries when she's hungry, has a dirty diaper, or is tired...but that's really about it.
No words yet, but I have a feeling some will be coming soon. She's starting to babble more. Of course, she's got Caleb talking circles around her, so she may not feel the need to talk. Ha! Speaking of big brother, he loves that she can sit up and "play" now. Today while I was doing laundry, I left the two of them in her room on the floor and he entertained her for a good 10 minutes. So sweet.
I have to say that I worry about her TV watching! We didn't let Caleb watch TV for a LONG time, besides the occassional Baby Einstein video. But we had no need to have the TV on for any other purpose during the day. But with MK...well, Caleb has the TV on watching cartoons in the morning, and she is enthralled!! She will strain her neck to watch it if she can. :( I'm sure she'll be fine...it's just different with a sibling who is used to watching his shows!
I was excited today to get her big girl bed stuff! No, no plans to put her in a big bed ANYTIME soon, but a friend was selling her daughter's, and it was just too good of a deal to pass up. It's a white headboard/footboard and pink and green bedding...very precious. We're going to store it at my dad's until we need it.
I love watching her change and grow...but this is definitely all going by TOO fast...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Sarah! They are growing SO FAST!! I should be sure to be checking in more often. :) We have news, too... didn't know how to get in touch with you, so I thought I'd tell you here: we are expecting #2 in Feb/March! HUGE surprise... so I kinda need to talk with you about some stuff- what does the chapter on Tandem Nursing/nursing during pregnancy say?!? Ahh! I didn't know I'd be in this situation- took forever to conceive Ian. Do you need to switch diapers/covers? Do you want to use the next size, or have you used them at all?
If this makes you feel better about MK and those middle-of-the-night feedings... remember that breastmilk is easier to digest than formula, so MK is probably truly hungry when she wakes in the night. Ian did that too, at her age- about every 3 hours, unless he was teething and then it was more. It DOES get better, though! You are not a bad mom, nor have you "spoiled" her, nor have you "done this to yourself"... it's not necessarily a habit, either- just the difference between a formula and a breastmilk diet, which is one reason why you got more sleep with Caleb at this point. I know you're tired, and that's the thing I don't look forward to with this next one, but she will eventually need you less... and less... and less... and next thing you know, she's sleeping through the night, with maybe only one midnight feeding, until you guys decide it's time to wean.
You know what? I'm cheering for you! You have done it and worked hard to go this long! Go, Team Boling! That's quite an accomplishment!!
you can email me- mmcgirt90210@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you!
Sarah! They are growing SO FAST!! I should be sure to be checking in more often. :) We have news, too... didn't know how to get in touch with you, so I thought I'd tell you here: we are expecting #2 in Feb/March! HUGE surprise... so I kinda need to talk with you about some stuff- what does the chapter on Tandem Nursing/nursing during pregnancy say?!? Ahh! I didn't know I'd be in this situation- took forever to conceive Ian. Do you need to switch diapers/covers? Do you want to use the next size, or have you used them at all?
If this makes you feel better about MK and those middle-of-the-night feedings... remember that breastmilk is easier to digest than formula, so MK is probably truly hungry when she wakes in the night. Ian did that too, at her age- about every 3 hours, unless he was teething and then it was more. It DOES get better, though! You are not a bad mom, nor have you "spoiled" her, nor have you "done this to yourself"... it's not necessarily a habit, either- just the difference between a formula and a breastmilk diet, which is one reason why you got more sleep with Caleb at this point. I know you're tired, and that's the thing I don't look forward to with this next one, but she will eventually need you less... and less... and less... and next thing you know, she's sleeping through the night, with maybe only one midnight feeding, until you guys decide it's time to wean.
You know what? I'm cheering for you! You have done it and worked hard to go this long! Go, Team Boling! That's quite an accomplishment!!
you can email me- mmcgirt90210@gmail.com . I look forward to hearing from you!
Post a Comment