Just a little update on life around here lately...Bryan and I went and saw "Wicked" the musical in Louisville last weekend (this was my "big" Christmas gift!) and WOW was it awesome!! We bought the soundtrack that night because we just couldn't wait. We ate dinner at the Spaghetti Factory afterwards which was really good because they have whole wheat pasta as an option. Speaking of that, the diet is going really well, too. I am pretty much down 2 pants sizes but am still wearing the bigger size because I'm not ready to spend money on my current size. Plus, I have weirdness going on with my body anyways since having a baby...I don't think I'd be confident to wear pants of that size just yet. I made myself go to the gym this week and hope that I'll now be in the habit to start going. I told myself, "I'm going whether or not Caleb is fussy/needing a nap/etc...it will be less than an hour, it will be fine" and it was! I also took him to storytime at the library this week and it was so fun!! I'm looking forward to doing that more as well.
Back to "Wicked"...I loved it so much, and a few days afterwards I had a revelation. I totally could write something like that. I KNOW I have writing talent...I always wanted to BE a writer, it's always come easily to me, I've had professors tell me I needed to write professionally, I have just always been unsure of exactly what path to take when it comes to actually doing it. I'm scared of getting my hopes up and failing I guess. But I feel like I'm wasting a talent God gave me because of my fear, which is not good. So...I guess I need to figure out what/when/how to do whatever it is I'm going to do! I just need some inspiration...
In other news, Caleb turned 7 months old today! He is such a big boy! We took him to the park and he swung on a swing for the first time-he liked it-and went down a slide with Daddy for the first time. The weather was a welcome relief from the ice storm of last week!! I can't wait to get out more as the weather gets warmer. However, it IS Kentucky, so I'm sure it could be snowing again in a couple of days. Come on SPRING!!!! :)
4 comments:
I'm so proud of you for going to the gym! You are looking better and better everyday, I so proud of you for sticking with this diet. You look amazing already! You are right, you do have serious talent as a writer and I want to encourage that in you. I've been telling you for years now to write a book, now if you can just get the beginning idea! :-) I can't beleive that Caleb is already 7 months old!!! It seems like just yesterday he was born. I guess, we'll say that for the rest of our lives!
WOW - 7 months!! Unbelievable! I also loved Wicked - so glad you got to see it. Wonderful that the weather has been good, and congrats on doing so well on your diet! I really need to buckle down and do that myself.
- Tkeys
Congratulations on the weight loss!! That's wonderful!
As for the weather... I am LOVING it. I cannot tell you the joy I take in something as simple as being able to slip on flip flops to walk the dog!!!!
Have you ever thought of writing a children's book. Maybe something geared toward the age group you taught. My niece is 8 and she is SO into reading right now. Good Luck!
Congrats on doing so well on your diet!!! That is an awesome inspiration to me! I am in the same boat as far as body being weird post baby. Scale weight is the same as pre baby but the body just isn't fitting into the clothes correctly.
Post a Comment