Saturday, March 15, 2008

Well, I did it...

I checked the box on my "intent to return" form to LCA that said "No, I do not plan on returning to teach at LCA for the 2008-2009 school year." Wow. I cried. Am I excited/happy about knowing I will be at home with my little Caleb next year? Definitely yes. Am I also scared out of my mind about how we're going to do it, financially? Yes, even though I KNOW God will take care of us. Am I sad that I'm going to stop doing what I've done the past 6 years, where I feel comfortable and know what to expect (mostly) each day? YES. I'm really going to miss what I do, my little windowless classroom that is always too hot or too cold, depending on the season, my little smiling uniformed students, my constantly disorganized desk and closet, the slow copy machine (even though it's brand new), the amazing support of loving parents, the great staff, and most of all, being able to constantly teach children about the love of God. But it felt good to make a decision, put it in writing, and know that God will bless this LEAP of faith. It makes the whole "becoming a mommy" thing more real as well...wow, it's really going to happen. I'm really going to become a mother. You would think my rapidly expanding stomach would be enough to make it real, but this really did it for me...

3 comments:

bryan said...

Such a huge step! I'm with you. I'm excited, sad, scared, happy, and hopeful all at the same time. But, don't worry, God will bless us if we are following Him! I love you!!

Jo Anna said...

That's great that you will be able to stay home with the little one! Bryan & I have been talking about it & I think I am either going to stay home or only work part-time if my job will let me.
I am so happy for you though. Don't worry, God will provide!

joanna.crabtree said...

I am really excited for you Sarah. I know how scary it was to make that leap of faith.. but if it is His will for You to do this then He will provide!! And by the end of next school year.. I will be home too so we will be able to hang out together!