Saturday, March 8, 2008
Registering for a baby is NOT as easy as it is for a wedding!
So, Bryan and I went to register at Babies R Us today, and WHEW! was it overwhelming!!! I had read a book about baby bargains--what is a waste of money, what is essential, etc. so I THOUGHT I was educated. We found a lot of great things we wanted for little Caleb, but then I got home and thought I'd read the reviews about these products, certain I had chosen wisely. Well, for some things (such as our crib bedding set and travel system) I had, but other things, like the bath tub, got TERRIBLE reviews (as it "it leaks!" "smells" "terrible product" and "don't waste your money!") which totally freaked me out, so we're going to have to take them off our registry, quick! Other things, such as the bouncer and swing, got mixed reviews, and I don't really know what to do about that. Do most people who write reviews do it because they want to complain, while for most people who love it they don't think to write a review? All in all, it was fun but definitely not as easy as doing our wedding registry. Plus, the store was closing early due to the weather so at the end we had to hurry. I plan on taking back some girlfriends who already have babies the next time so they can point me in the right direction with some things Bryan has NO knowledge or interest in (i.e. breast pumps, LOL). I have to brag on one thing though...a parent in my class was working the Lil Lambs sale at Centenary this weekend and found me a brand-new looking pack n play for $20!!!! It's awesome...missing the changing table part but I don't think I'll need that anyway since we will just change him in his room, since we don't live in a 2-story house. I was super excited! We put it together to see what it looked like last night and it DEFINITELY made it seem real! We're going to have a BABY to put in it!! WOW!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I've definitely learned the value of research!!! Although it was fun to register with you, and it will be even more fun we when go back and fix it all! :-)
Your hubby is so great! I noticed he has posted a comment on all your blog entries. You know reviews are great to look at. As far as the bathtub thing.. we had had one.. and never used it really.. I wonder where that thing went.. Alayna would cry in the bathtub so one of the parenting magazines said to get in there with her and do bath time. So now thats what I do. We play together in the bathtub.. and of course when she is sitting up completely by herself without toppling over then I am going to have her to bathtime with mommy outside of the tub... but for the most part.. its been a really fun bonding time as a family for us... so yah we never used the bathtub. Maybe Caleb won't scream in the bathtub by himself.. and you can give me tips for our next baby on how to do that!!
Post a Comment